Water Resources Division
The Water Resources Division of Yakima County Public Services Department is responsible for the following activities:
- Flood Preparedness and Awareness: Information in what to do before, during and after a flood, who to contact including Emergency Management Services, and Public Outreach activities. An flood emergency does not have to be declared before you can activate your flood insurance.
- Regulatory and Development Information: Explanation of floodplain and drainage regulations and permits required for development within urban Yakima County
- : National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) II permit compliance for the urban county. Yakima County, as the Yakima Regional Stormwater Group (RSWG) Lead, is tasked by an Interlocal Governmental Agreement (ILA) to perform permit compliance tasks for the cities of Selah, Sunnyside, Union Gap, and urban Yakima County.
- Yakima Basin Water Resources Division Initiatives: Participation within and links to:
- Yakima County-Wide Flood Control Zone District: Flood hazard reduction plans, projects and studies along Yakima’s stream corridors:
The City of Yakima and Yakima County are approaching the final stages of the addendum to the 2007 Upper Yakima River Comprehensive Flood Hazard Management Plan (CFHMP) Additional Info...