Permit fees charged are those in effect at the time the permit is obtained and may differ from what is listed in the Yakima County Code. Fees are updated annually based on the consumer price index (CPI) and may change accordingly without notice. Delays in updating the County Code may not reflect these changes.
Permit Fee Example
Permit fees as an example for new construction, additions, and alterations, are based as follows: (please note, this is not a complete list of permit fees)
1. Size of the structure (Base fee per square footage),
2. Occupancy of the structure,
3. Construction type, (Type I & II - Noncombustible; Type III Exterior wall noncombustible, interior elements are of any material; Type IV - Heavy timber; Type V - Exterior and interior are of any materials permitted by code.
4. Pre-fabricated structure.
5. Manufactured Home or Commercial Coach.
For a permit fee estimate, please contact our office at 509-574-2300 and
a Project Coordinator can assist you. Please have available the square
footage and use of your proposed project.
PLEASE NOTE: Permit fee estimate is not a guaranteed price of your permit and will not include other factors for plumbing fixtures or mechanical equipment. Fees will also be assessed if your parcel is located within a FEMA designated floodplain or floodway.