- 5:30 p.m. - Regular Agenda Meetings
- The 2nd Wednesday of every month, or as needed
- 6:00 p.m. - Public Hearings
- The 2nd or 4th Wednesday as noticed in our Published Legal Notice
- First Street Conference Room
223 N. First Street
Yakima, WA 98901
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
December 13, 2017 - Regular Meeting Agenda, 5:30 p.m. (Canceled)
- Ashley Garza, Chair, District 1
Term expires: December 31, 2021
- Michael Shuttleworth, Vice Chair, District 3
- Charles (Doug) Mayo, Vice Chair, District 1
- Doug Miller, Vice Chair, District 2
- Jerry Craig, District 1
- Jerry Mellen, District 1
- Joe Walsh, District 2
- Thomas Carroll, Planning Commission Secretary
About the CommissionThe Yakima County Planning Commission is a 7 member citizen body appointed by the Board of County Commissioners to make recommendations to the board on long-range planning for the unincorporated areas under County land use jurisdiction. The County Planning Commission reviews and conducts public hearings on proposed changes to Yakima County's Comprehensive Plan - Horizon 2040, related ordinances, and hears public testimony prior to making recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
Public Meeting Rules of Procedure
- All persons speaking to the Commission shall approach the microphone and identify themselves by name, address and whom they represent (if other than themselves).
- All comments shall be directed to the Chair.
- Testimony shall be kept factual and on the subject. At the onset of any item of business, the Chair may limit the length of testimony. The Chair is charged with the responsibility of discouraging and stopping irrelevant, unnecessarily long, repetitive or abusive testimony. Time permitted, additional opportunity will be provided for additional public comments after everyone who so desires has had an opportunity to speak.
- The audience shall not interrupt testimony.
- Speakers shall not question one another; instead, a question shall be addressed to the Chair. Upon request of a consensus of the members, the Chair may allow direct questioning of an expert witness who has previously testified on behalf of an opponent or proponent, or other business before the Commission.
- If written statements are made, a copy shall be presented to the Secretary/Clerk of the Commission.
Planning Commission Appointment Opportunities
View Planning Commission Appointment Opportunities online.